Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A birthday, the park and a triathalon!

Saturday was my dad's birthday! He is the greatest dad ever! We celebrated on Sunday cause we were out of town for a triathalon but Dad I hope you had the best birthday yet! Love you so much!

Last week for our "girls day" we went to Layton park and it was a blast! All of the girls were there! So for a little while we had a total of seven moms and seven babies! And you might think it was kind of crazy, but it really wasn't. The babies loved being able to crawl around and find whatever they wanted...to eat. Yes I know, I shouldn't let my child chew on a twig, but he threw a minor fit every time I took it away. So I thought, what the heck, it's just dirt right? Well lets hope so!

This was the funniest. Jaylee loved pushing the strollers around all day long! She would push the stroller all around the park. It was hilarious. So I put Boston inside, and he was having a blast!

My friend Kaylee from our old ward came with her adorable little girl Remy. She's 4 months old, but still had just as much fun as all the other babies.

This is six of the seven babies and moms. Cute crowd huh?

Last weekend we went to Scofield and had a camping overnighter with Ryan's sister Jen and her husband Dave and their cute little family to watch them race in a triathalon. These guys are amazing! They have been training for quite awhile and it sure paid off! This is right before the swim.

Next was the bike...

And last was the run. This was just before Dave crossed the finish line and he's smiling! Jen had just a big a smile on her face too! I'm sure they were excited to finish! I'm not sure of the lengths for all of them, but it was far! Talk about being in shape!

But probably the cutest was to watch little Jacque who is 5 yrs old compete in the kid's triathalon. She was the youngest and beat half the kids there!

She took first in her age group!

Good job Dave, Jen and Jacque! Dave finished 4th in his age group and Jen 3rd in hers.

And we can't forget the cheerleaders!

It was such a blast watching you guys! Thanks for a fun filled weekend!

5 comments:

Shambray said...

That looks like fun! My dad has done a few triathons! I am amazed at how in shape everyone is at those! Ryan and his sister look alike. You can tell they are brother and sister!

Amy said...

That is amazing, maybe one day I'll attempt something like that.

Meg said...

oh my gosh he is getting so big but is stll cute as ecer looks like all the moms had a blast, how fun you girls all get together.

Chelsie said...

I am amazed at people who do triathlons! Craziness! And the little 4 year old...that is awesome!! I love the pic of Boston chewing on the stick...he is so blasted cute

Paige said...

I respect anyone who can do a triatholon. I can't even imagine training for one. You're so luck to have so many cute friends with cute kids you can hang out with. Looks like alot of fun!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed