Monday, January 10, 2011

Paris

From London, Paris was only about a 2 and a half hour train ride. So we took the earliest train there and the latest train ride back to London. It was FREEZING that day!! So Sunitha, Carter and I ran to the Notre Dame and then ran over to the Eiffel Tower and then Hailie and Ashlie decided they were too cold also, so we went to a huge mall and stayed inside.

The Notre Dame is an amazingly beautiful building inside and out.

The art and the stainglass inside is breathtaking.

Inside the Notre Dame, if your wish you can light a candle and offer a prayer. You also had to pay to light a candle...

Just one of the doors on the side of the Notre Dame.

We were all bundled up!! I didn't realize how big the Eiffel Tower really is. This picture puts it in pretty good perspective I think. This is just the bottom of the Eiffel Tower.

I was walking through Costco the other day and walked past the art gallery. They had this exact picture from this exact angle selling! Maybe I should try and sale my beauty :)

Ok the background in this picture makes it look like it was a beautiful day outside. But it really was miserably cold! My dad's favorite thing to do with his grandkids! Carter someday will love this picture I think!

London and Paris were amazing! Thank you to Sunitha and David and their cute family for showing us around and letting us stay with you. I want to come back someday with Ryan and Boston in the springtime because I hear it is beautiful! We miss you guys already!

3 comments:

Shauna Spendlove said...

That is a great pic of the tower!! It does look like a beautiful day, but I believe you about it being cold too! =)

Cherisse said...

Wow, what a great trip! Glad you had fun with your family!

Anonymous said...

That is so neat that you got to see all those things! I would love to go to Europe one day!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed