Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lake Powell July 2008


We had such a blast in Lake Powell last week.  It's such a beautiful place!

Boston did so good other than he got sick for a couple of the days.  He had a fever one day and then he had a pretty bad cough and was really congested.  I'm not sure why, but I didn't bring his medication with me, so the poor little guy was just not feeling well.  And it didn't help that he was getting another tooth too, so he had a runny nose on top of that.  But no worries, he started feeling better towards the end of the trip and now he is doing great!

The scenery in Lake Powell is just overwhelmingly beautiful!  This sunset was just amazing.

This was in a little canyon we went through.  It was awesome!  We stopped to do a little cliff jumping.  It was so fun!

Here's Ryan doing a dive.  It always makes me nervous when he dives because a few years ago, he hurt his back diving off the highest board at Lava Hot Springs.  So I usually have to close my eyes and not watch.  

Boston and his daddy!

The boys loved staying up late and watching basketball games and movies all night long while the girls played many games of hand and foot!

One thing that helped Boston feel better was getting bathed in the Lake.  The water was SO warm you wouldn't believe it!  It seriously was like 84 or 85 degrees!  You know how usually when you get in there is the shock factor and then you get used to the water?  Well there was no shock factor at all!  It was just like a swimming pool!


Boston's cousins just love him so much!  They had so much fun pretending to be his mommy and playing with him all week long.

This is me ATTEMPTING to surf.  I really had know idea what I was doing.  But it was a lot of fun!

This is my husby who totally knew what he was doing!  The boys became pros at the surfing thing!  They could carve up and down the wave and Ryan almost was able to do a 360.  It was pretty cool.

Jacque even got on with her dad and surfed with him!  It was pretty cool.  Jacque even got on the water skiis and was dancing and holding on with one hand and everything!  It was the cutest thing ever!

Boston and mommy.  Boston LOVED the boat rides.  I think he is finally getting used to his life-jacket and he just sits back and relaxes!

Here is our future surfer!

Boston thought driving the house boat was pretty fun!
Thanks Chuck and Julie for yet another great trip!  Love you guys!


These videos are for my family in India.   This is what surfing looks like!  One is Ryan and the other is Travis.  You should come here and we'll take you!  Love you guys!

7 comments:

Meg said...

Looks like you guys are having such a fun summer I am jealous. Boston is still cute as ever.

Chelsie said...

how fun! i love lake powell we are actually going down there later this week...but leaving coop at my moms...ah first time leaving him...little nervous. that wake surfing looks so cool! maybe i could do that...ha who am i kidding...i can't even get up on a wakeboard! how great that you guys bought a condo up in bear lake! ah i love it up there

Shambray said...

Fun! I have never wake surfed. It looks fun! I should try it sometime!

Cherisse said...

Lake Powell is a beautiful area. Your little guy is so cute. Don't you just love all the things they are quickly learning. Glad you are having fun.

Sheena said...

Lake Powell looks like a blast. I love the warm water. We were just up at Bear lake this past weekend and the water was FREEZING compared to Lake Powell...

Anonymous said...

How fun... I love Lake Powell. It looks like you guys had a really good time. The scenary is amazing. Did Boston get really hot down there? I get really hot down there. That surfing thing is fun. My husband loves to do that too.

Mitzi said...

I am so glad you left a comment on my blog! You guys are so cute! I think I saw your pictures on a photography site a little while back, maybe Julie Parker or one of the random ones I look at all the time. They are awesome! I can't believe how adorable your little guy is! We'll have to stay in touch now!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed