Thursday, August 21, 2008

A tribute to our little 1 year old!

I can't believe that our little Boston has turned 1!  Here is a look back at his oh so sweet and precious little life...


He started in my belly!  Even then he already had friends!


Then on August 15, 2007 at 2:14 pm his precious little spirit came into the world and stole all of our hearts away weighing 6 lbs 9 oz and 19 1/2 in long.


At 1 month, he was learning to pose for the camera!


At 2 months he was training to be a missionary.


At 3 months he met his best friends in the world.


He was 4 months old on his first Christmas and was the perfect Anne Geddes baby in that outfit!


At 5 months he mastered the innocent puppy dog eyes look that just melts his parents hearts!


When he turned 6 months old, his daddy thought it was time to start training him for the NBA.


At 7 months, he was spoiled with a trip to Hawaii!


At 8 months, he tried his first pickle and thought it was the weirdest taste!


And at 9 months he was already telling us what to do!


At 10 months he started looking like a little boy and not a baby anymore especially with that haircut. :(


11 months was his first camping trip.


And now he's 1 year old!  I can't believe it.  I swear it seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital!  


He has so many family and friends that came over for a BBQ to help us celebrate and show how much they love him!


I made these corn-on the-cob cupcakes for everybody and thanks to Albertsons (they do a baby's first birthday cake for free!) Boston had his own little cake.  We decided we would set him on a tarp (Ryan's idea) and just let him go at it.


At first he wasn't quite sure what he was supposed to do.


Then with the help of his daddy and cousins he started getting the hang of it...


And after he tasted it, he couldn't help but get it all over the place!  But hey that's what first birthdays are for right!


After he got all bathed and cleaned up, he opened all of his gifts and his cousins were loving showing him how do it!  Thanks everybody for coming and creating memories for our little Boston!  He loves all of his new clothes and toys!  He is so lucky to have so many friends and family!  We took him to the doctor today and he now weighs 18 lb 2 oz and is 29 1/2 in long and is healthy as can be besides having a little cold.


Boston we are so grateful that you chose to come to our family.  Your dad and I would not be complete without you.  You bring so much joy and love to our family.  We are so honored to be your parents.  We love you son!

17 comments:

Steph and Brady said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that he is one! He is so cute! I have never even seen him in person! I can't believe those pictures and how he has grown so big! He is adorable. It looks like that was a fun party for him!

Melissa McFadden said...

Heidi, I hope to have kids half as cute as Boston. Seriously he is so cute. Looks like you guys had tons of fun! He seems to be the life of the party already.

Kari said...

Hey Heidi,
I'm glad you found my blog and I didnt notice your's cause I know another "ryan and heidi". Anyway, way cute blog and little boy! So fun! THat tarp idea was awesome! And the corn cupcakes, amazing! Yes our house is still for sale. Call me if you really want to come through at 710-3514 or we can set up a time over email, kjones1214@live.com

Shambray said...

Wow time flies! I forget that he was born a day after my birthday. It is a good day. I love the tarp idea! Ryan is brillant!

Amy said...

Oh happy birthday Boston! What a sweetie! Time flies huh! It is hard to see them grow so fast! Brody really wants to hang out! Call us soon!

Chelsie said...

happy birthday boston!! i can't believe he is one. he is SO cute!! it was so good to meet the little guy tonight...he's even cuter in person. your corn on the cob cupcakes are darling! is it jelly beans on there for the kernels!? what a cute idea. well we need to get together more often. you have such a cute family

Sheena said...

I can't believe its been a year already too... he is so cute! It looks like he had a great 1st birthday. You and Ryan are such great parents hopefully we can learn from you guys...

Katie and Rob said...

Happy Birthday to Boston! What a cutie! And looks like your party went really well, I love the tarp idea.

Paige said...

Those corn on the cob cupcakes are so cute! That looks like such a fun party. You are the cutest mom!

Kaylee said...

Such a sweet little boy! And those cupcakes you made looked awesome!

Meg said...

I can not believe that he is 1 that is so crazy. I love the tarp idea, and that is my favorite part about first birthdays are when they eat the cake and get it all over its so funny and cute.

The Cooks said...

Happy (late) Birthday Boston!!! I can't believe he is already 1. He is such a beautiful little boy. I'm envious of his big gorgeous eyes :)

Anonymous said...

Heidi, he is so adorable! Those pictures are so cute. He has the sweetest eyes they just suck you in. He looked like he loved his cake. Those are fun birthday pics. By the way our baby's name is Crew.

Jackie Greenwood said...

How fun! I can't believe how fast time flies. Boston is darling, and I love how you let him at the cake, very cute!

Me, Myself and I said...

Those corn on the cob cupcakes are cute! Is the butter... actual butter?

Watt Family said...

I can't believe he is one!!! I remember when I saw him at the basketball game and he was just a little guy!!! They grow so stickin fast! Hey Rocky and I have a blog its saywatt.blogspot.com

And They Lived Happily Ever After said...

I cant believe our babies are TODDLERS!!! well I guess that just means we have to have new babies hehe, I love your family, you are the best friends ever, and Carson loves Boston they are best buddies. Thanks for being such great friends, and Boston is adorable. Its those eyes, ladies man in the making.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed