Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Smith Halloween party :) and saying goodbye :(



Yesterday we had the annual Smith Halloween party.  The costumes were great as always!  John McCain, Barack Obama, and 2 Hilary Clintons showed up!  Wow!  Those really were the best costumes!  

Here are most of the little cousins.  We love it when we can all get together and this is always one of the funnest parties of the year!

Indiana Jones (Ryan's dad), Baby (Ryan's mom), Nerdy Nick and John McCain (Dan who fit the part perfectly!)

Me and Anna the Indian Princesses!

And yes my hubby was one of the Hilarys!

Here is Jen and Dave's adorable little family.  I helped Jen make the tutus for the girls' costumes.  I think they turned out so cute!  But they could wear anything and always be just as cute as can be!

And here is my little puppy dog!  

Doesn't he make the perfect little pooch?


Sorry this is blurry but I had to act fast to get this pic of his cute little tail poking out.  He's just so cute I can't get enough of him!

After we all arrived, Jacque and Jaycee sang a song they learned in school and then Andrew with the help of his family sang a cute Halloween song too.  Then we turned on Ghost Busters and we all had to "Bust" out our dance moves!  It was pretty funny!  Then we ate yummy Olive Garden...always a favorite!  After dinner we played glow in the dark Bingo and watched a family video of our Halloween party a few years ago.  What a fun night we had!

At the end of the night we had to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa Andersen since we probably won't see them before they leave for their mission on monday.  It was sad.  Grandma especially was really emotional and Grandpa, he tried to laugh it off, but I saw some tears as he walked out the door.  Sunday was their farewell.  They both gave really great talks and we know that they will be such great missionaries in the Washington DC Temple.  We will miss them dearly but are so grateful that they are being such great examples to us and all the rest of their family and friends.  Ryan and I can't wait until we can one day follow in their footsteps.  They are such strong people and will touch the hearts of many!  We love you both and wish you the best of luck! 

16 comments:

Melissa McFadden said...

I love the presidential candidates. I am seriously cracking up right now! Good for Ryan for getting in Hilary digs! Little Boston is a doll as always. You guys are too cute.

Steph and Brady said...

Those presidential candidate costumes are so funny. What a fun Halloween party. Boston's costume is so cute! He is adorable. What a sweet family!

Lauren said...

Ryan! I totally laughed out loud when you said it was Ryan. HaHa Too Funny! Boston is so stinking cute. Love the puppy costume. Looks like a lot of fun!

Shambray said...

I loved the costumes. Ryan is awesome for dressing up like Hilary. Boston makes the best puppy. Saying goodbyes is very hard. I think grandparents have a hard time because they can miss so much. Both my sides of grandparents have gone and they were both very emotional. It does set a good example to the whole family though.

Kat said...

That's awesome Ryan dressed up like Hilary. When I was lookin at the first pic, I had noticed Hilary had grown about a foot:) I can see why now though.:) Boston is too cute as a puppy. his tail is so freakin cute. It's incredible how much we can lover our kids bums!:) I love your costume too! I need to get more creative:)

Me, Myself and I said...

Ryan was one of the Hilary's?!?!? Haha! Awesome!

Chelsie said...

haha, i'm seriously laughing so hard now at ryan, that is awesome! skirt and all..that's great! ah little boston looks so sweet as a little puppy! so sweet. it's so hard to say goodbye to grandparents, but so nice to have them back or even to go visit them while they're on their mission. they're usually a little more lenient with the older couples

Cherisse said...

Fun pictures! Little Boston is such a cute little dog!

Kaylee said...

Cute little family all dressed up! And Ryan?! That cracks me up!

Sheena said...

Ryan is funny... We are laughing so hard. Boston makes a really cute puppy dog. What a fun age! I bet you will have fun taking him trick or treating this year!!

Meg said...

Wow you are pretty lucky to get them to come to your party. Great costumes and looked like a great party. Boston was my fav costume he is a way cute puppy the tail is my fav. HAVE A GREAT HALLOOWEEN

And They Lived Happily Ever After said...

oh my tell Ryan he looks amazing in that! you are beautiful as always and Boston is adorable in the puppy costume. Wow I love halloween Im jelous you got your hub to dress up. Looks like so much fun!

Mitzi said...

Your family looks so fun. I have to tell you that after we saw you guys the other night Chris keeps telling me how Boston made him excited to have a little boy. I have to say I felt the same way! He is so adorable and even cuter in real life!

Nate and Sarah said...

Wow, those costumes are hilarious! I bet you will miss your Grandparents, my Grandma is on a mission right now too! We really miss her.

Anonymous said...

Those are great costumes! I think you make a beautiful indian princess and Boston makes the cutest puppy ever!

Gage and Meg said...

I love those costumes! Especially Boston's; that was so cute!! He is getting so big! When I saw the first picture, I seriously had no idea that one of the Hilarys was your hubby! Ha! Too funny! I love Halloween! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed