Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Full of surprises!

Surprise!  It's really a boy!  Sorry this picture is kinda fuzzy, I had to take a picture of the ultrasound.  We had our big ultrasound two weeks ago and before we started, the tech asked what the sex of the baby was.  We said we were told girl last time. So she starts looking and she tells us that this baby has a skinny bumb and that skinny bumbs usually belong to little boys.  Well she keeps looking and I could swear I was seeing something between those little legs so I asked her and she said, "yep!  There sure is!"  At that moment, all of Ryan's worries went away!  His basketball team is getting started!  At the last ultrasound, the umbilical cord was between his little legs so we never really got a clear shot.  But the dr. looked and looked and couldn't find anything and he thought he saw the 3 lines indicating a girl.  But with a picture like this one, I don't think there's any going back.  It was kinda funny being told boy at 12 wks, girl at 16 wks and then boy again.  I'm sure we'll get our little girl someday...now my only stress is thinking of a name!  If you have any suggetions, let us know!

We had a great Easter.  Every year since we've been married, we have spent Easter in Arizona with my in-laws.  It's always such a blast!  It rained a couple of the days we were there, but we did get a few nice days too.  They have such beautiful homes and are in a really beautiful area right on the golf course too.  The boys loved that!

Before church, the kids ran around the house with their little baskets getting all the candy they could.  Ryan hid a chocolate egg in a vent on  the wall.  When the girls saw that, they couldn't believe it.  They thought the Easter Bunny for sure came through the vent.  The looks on their faces was priceless!

After church, the kids got to go on a little hunt again finding their gift basket that grandma and grandpa hid for them.  Boston got this baseball mit and glove and he just thought it was a hat for his head.  It was hilarious.

He also got this really cute outfit.  He looks adorable in his little crocks that go with it too.

We hope you all had a great Easter!  We sure did.  Coming home from vacation is always a bummer, but this little guy keeps us going!  He is so fun and we just can't believe how much he learns and grows every single day.  He is the joy of our lives and we can't wait for little brother too!  
Boston and daddy had a little Jazz party yesterday, hoping they would be able to continue on.  Too bad they didn't make it.  Oh well, maybe better luck next year!

11 comments:

Kat said...

ahhh ;) Nothing like brothers. It's the best! Best thing about it....they entertain each other really well!:) It's actually EASIER having both of them than just one at a time! So happy for you guys and Boston is looking like such a big boy these days! Glad you had a good easter!

Amy said...

I am so excited for you guys! A boy! My boys are best friends already! We really had a hard time coming up with a name this time around. I didn't name him until he came out. Even after about three months I called him my baby. It wasn't until then that I started thinking him as Boen. But here are a few of my suggestions. These were all in the running. Stockton, Korver, Will, you know kind of a Jazz theme!

Steph and Brady said...

Oh my goodness! That is so funny that it has changed so many times! Well I am happy that you are going to get another adorable little boy! That will be SO fun for Boston!

Jackie Greenwood said...

YEAH! Congratulations, boys are the best! You will have a girl some day, your family is darling!

Trinity said...

That is so exciting! I am glad it's official for you now. You know that you are having another cutie patootie. You make such little darlings!

Kari said...

Man you guys have had quite the ride with this one! I can't believe it's back to a boy again! too funny!

Ashley said...

congrats on whatever the little bun in the oven may be! ha ha I'm excited for you! And your little boston isn't so little anymore! what a cutie he is!! :)

Davis Family said...

Having 2 boys is the best! We had such a hard time with names and didnt decide on one until it was time to fill out the birth certificate at the hospital :) Congrats!

Chelsie said...

that's so exciting!!! yeah for two little buddies!!! you look so great heidi!!!

Shauna Spendlove said...

I just wanted to say thank you again for throwing me a shower! I love you so much and am so blessed to have such a good friend!

Shauna Spendlove said...

I love you too and although I'm very excited to move I'll miss you soooooo much!! I love being best friends with you... I was thinking about it today.. you are always so positive and uplifting and so great to be around! I love you so much! Wednesday is the day! I will let you know when we have Miranda!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed