Sunday, June 15, 2008

A special day!


Today is Father's day and perhaps the most important father in my life is the father of my child...Ryan is the best dad to Boston.  Before we had little boo, Ryan was always kind of scared to hold little babies and sometimes he just wasn't quite sure what to do with other little kids, so I wasn't quite sure how it would be when he became a dad.  Well there was no need to worry.  Ryan is a pro at this dad thing!  He is so protective of our son and just loves him with all his heart.  I have to admit that I'm kind of a clumsy mom and Boston has probably bumped into the corner of the wall while I'm turning the corner just one too many times.  But Ryan, he will make sure that doesn't happen.  When he sits Boston down, he still makes sure there are pillows around him so that if he does lose his balance, there will be something soft to break his fall.  Ryan is always the one to spoil Boston with little treats and I can often hear them giggling back and forth at each other in the other room and it just melts my heart.  I love when Ryan gets home from work seeing the smile Boston gets when he sees his daddy.  Thank you Ryan for giving me our son and being the best dad in the world.  I love you with all my heart and Happy Father's Day!


  My dad is so special to me.  He has taught me so many valuable lessons that I will carry with me throughout my lifetime.  He always has such a good attitude and has taught me to turn any bad situation into a good one.  He rarely gets mad and will make sure your feelings never get hurt.  And if they do, he'll make sure it gets fixed and fast.  I'm proud to say that my dad is a worthy priesthood holder and I have felt that in our home growing up many times.  I remember being sick in the middle of the night and he would wake up and give me a father's blessing, also before every school year, he would make sure each one of us kids would get a blessing to help us do well throughout the year.  Him and my mom made sure we always had family home evening weekly and prayer and scripture study daily.  I'm so thankful for those teachings while I was young so that I can carry that on with my own family now.  He's in the bishopric now and I just think they couldn't have picked a better, more spiritual person than my dad.


And my dad is the best grandpa to Boston.  It makes me kind of teary eyed thinking of how much my dad and the rest of my family love Boston.  They just absolutely adore him and he has so much fun every time we go over.  When I was a little baby like Boston, my dad would hold my two feet in his hands and hold me high up in the air.  He likes to think that he was the one who made me the cheerleader I was for so many years.  Now, perhaps his favorite thing to do with Boston is that same thing.  Although, I hope that Boston doesn't turn into a cheerleader, I know that he loves it because the higher up he gets, the more he laughs.  Normally he extends his arm way above his head, but he wasn't in this picture because he said he didn't want people to think he was showing off.  See...he's such a humble man too.  Thanks dad for everything you do for me and my family!  I love you!


My father-in-law is the best father-in-law I could ever ask for.  I can't imagine anyone else fulfilling that role.  Chuck has the sweetest, most kind personality ever.  He has a way of making you feel just so loved every time you see him.  When he says he's so glad that I'm apart of his family, I know he really means it.  He has accomplished so much in his life and has so much wisdom to share.  He has taught Ryan many valuable lessons that he carries with him now and will for the rest of his life.  Ryan has the best example of a dad to learn from.  Chuck also just adores Boston...ok lets face it, who doesn't.  But Chuck and Boston have this special connection with each other.  Like I have mentioned before, Boston is the first grandbaby boy on the Smith side.  I think that Chuck really enjoys that.  He loves the girls too, but Boston and him have a special bond with each other.  They will sit and just talk to each other and Boston just gets the hugest smile every time he sees him.  Thanks Chuck for loving us and teaching us so much!

Also, today was my mom's birthday!  Happy birthday mommy!  I love you so much!  Thanks for everything you do for us!  You're the best mom ever!...and Boston turns 10 months old today...he's getting to be a little boy and not a baby anymore.  He's become a pro at the crawling thing!  It's so cute, I love it.  But he's still not sleeping through the night.  He wakes up at least once, if not two or even three times sometimes.  Gee I thought he would be over that by now.  Ryan and I both have a hard time just letting him cry it out.  And quite frankly, crying doesn't making him tired, if anything, he cries himself awake and not asleep.  Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Brian and Amber said...

What a nice post! You have some great people in your life!!

Melissa McFadden said...

What do you mean? You don't want Boston to be a cheerleader? ha ha ha. I don't think you have anything to worry about. That was a nice post. You have such a cute family.

Kaylee said...

This is so cute, you are such a sweet person Heidi. And Ryan seems like he is such a good dad. :D Hey text me your email address so I can invite you to our blog--I decided to make it more secure after my friend said she googled us--ahh scary!

Jackie Greenwood said...

Don't you just love our husbands and dads. I just loved your post. It was so good to see you this last week! Have a wonderful day!

Meg said...

YOU have so me awesome dads in your life. It was a way sweet post. I can not believe how big Boston is getting.

Chelsie said...

Man, I swear I left a comment on here....I probably put it on someone elses blog..whoops. That was such a cute post! I loved it! Your father in law sounds great and you dad IS great! I remember lovin him growin up!! Boston is such a little stud! I agree, we do need to get the two of them together

Shambray said...

Ryan is such a good guy! I am so glad that you met him and were able to start a family with him! You guys are so cute!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed