Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Proud Mommy Moment

Boston is such a cute little guy and last night he did probably the cutest thing he's ever done.  And I just had to share...


We got him ready for bed and made his bottle.  It was pretty late so he REALLY wanted it.  Normally we would say prayers before we gave him the bottle but last night, he just wanted his bottle.  So we gave him his bottle and Ryan and I knelt down next to him and said our family prayers while he drank his bottle.  Well that was that and Ryan left the room and I stayed lying next to him while he finished his bottle.  We always have to lay down next to him while he falls asleep or he won't go to sleep.  We spoiled this little guy in the sleeping department way too much and now he doesn't fall asleep on his own and he always ends up in our bed at the end of the night.  So those of you with little ones...teach them how to sleep early before it's too late!  Anyways, so Boston finished drinking his bottle and we were laying there in silence for a good 5 minutes at least and suddenly he turns toward me and says, "prayer mom? prayer?"  and then he gets up rolls over to his hands and knees like he's ready to say a prayer.  So I asked him, "You want to say a prayer?" and he said yes so I proceeded to help him say a prayer and he rolled over when we were done and laid his head on the pillow and started to fall asleep again.  

It kind of brought a tear to my eye just thinking of how much my little boy is growing.  He is learning so much on a daily basis.  Even just going to nursery once a week, he learns so many things in there.  At first I thought how much does he really notice by us just going through the actions everyday.  But he really does learn from everything we do.  He's always saying things we say and doing things we do.  I can't believe he is almost 2!  I love you Boston!

4 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

So cute! Isn't is just amazing the things they pick up on. He's got great parents and great examples to look up to.

Steph and Brady said...

Oh what a sweetheart! That is the cutest story! I bet Ryan wishes he was there to see and hear that. What a little cutie!

Lauren said...

That is such a cute moment. I can't wait for little things like that. Hopefully we can be good examples like you two. How are you feeling. Ready to have your bebe yet. I think i'm ready. :) Got any names picked out yet? :) Can't wait to see you @ the hospital... ha ha j/k

And They Lived Happily Ever After said...

Cute! Isnt it great to see them learn and grow.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed