Sunday, August 9, 2009

Randall Camping Trip- John Schmidt

My family loves camping, but it seems like the past few summers we just haven't had the time to plan a trip.  So this year we put it on the calendar and up to North Fork we went.  We decided to stay close just in case we needed a hospital close.  The first night we got there, it was so windy.  You can't tell in the picture, but we had to hold our tents down so they wouldn't blow away.  It was terrible!  We contemplated going home actually.  But we decided to wait till after dinner and then make a decision.  I think a few of us said a little prayer that the wind would go away so we could have a fun little trip.  Well after dinner, the wind was gone.  We were all amazed cause really it was SO windy all day long.  So we stayed and camped.  

It was so much fun!  I was a little worried though of how I would sleep in the tent.  My parents are such thoughtful people.  They actually went up that morning and pitched the tents to reserve our spot but they brought up a bed mattress for me to sleep on too!  How sweet is that?  That made all the difference!  I don't think I would have slept at all the whole trip.  Thanks mom and dad for thinking of me :)

So Friday morning, my sister gets up early to go to the bathroom.  I hear her walk away, then a minute or so later, I hear someone running as fast as they can back to camp.  Suddenly my sister jumps back in the tent and said there were moose on the way to the bathroom and she got freaked so she ran back.  I couldn't stop laughing.  It was hilarious.  So I got up and we drove the car to the bathroom and sure enough, there were these two moose just right next to our camp sight!  It was kinda cool, but it would be freaky if you just suddenly walked upon one!

All day Friday, Ryan's parents were kind enough to let us borrow their boat and we boated all day up at Pineview.  It was a perfect boating day.  I didn't think I would be able to stay on the boat the whole time because of the heat and bumps and stuff, but it never got too hot, and the water was actually really smooth.  This is Eric jumping the wake.  He got up there!

Dustin's first time jumping the wake.  

My parents also rented a Sea Doo for the day.  It was a blast.  Eric took Boston on a ride and taught him how to push the button to make it go.  It was so funny, cause Eric drove by and we all looked up and Eric had both of his hands in the air, and Boston was just driving the Sea Doo all by himself like he was a pro.  It was so cute!

I was bound and determined to go into labor!  My sister and I took the Sea Doo out for a little bit too.  I didn't dare go too fast, but it was really fun!

Travis on the knee board.  He loved this the most I think.

Here is our handsome boat driver!  You did a great job honey!

My dad got really good on the knee board too.  He learned how to do a 360 and he was pretty proud of himself!  I didn't know you still had it in ya dad!  Ha ha Just Kidding!  You were great!

The whole family at the end of the day.  We camped again on Friday night, and we did get rained on a little bit.  But we all stayed dry in the tents.  So it wasn't bad.  We woke up on Saturday, packed up and headed home for the day.  

Later that night, my parents had tickets to go to the John Schmidt concert up at Wolf Mountain.  It was so fun!  I love John Schmidt and could only wish that I could play the piano as well as he does.  And he's just a nice, fun guy to watch.  It was a charity concert and there were a ton of people there.  Boston was loving dancing to all the music.

He plays so many good songs.  One of my favorite is Love Story meets Viva La Vida.  I have it playing on my playlist.  It is such a neat arrangement that he did.  But he said due to copyright, this may have been the last live performance they were able to do of that arrangement because Cold Play's record company said they didn't want them to use the song and that they would need personal permission from the band.  Taylor Swift said it was fine to use her song, so it's too bad they can't get a hold of the band cause it really is an awesome arrangement.

After the concert, Dustin, Ashlie and Boston waited in line to get his autograph and a picture.  What a fun night.  Listening to John Schmidt makes me want to become a better piano player.  His music is such feel good music, I love it.

So thanks mom and dad for planning such a fun weekend for the family!  It was such a blast!  We were hoping that by doing all that, I would be in labor by now!  I am hurting a little more, a lot more uncomfortable and a few contractions, but nothing regular.  So everybody send baby vibes my way so we can get this little guy here!  Hopefully our next post will be about our new little baby!

4 comments:

Cherisse said...

How fun! I can't believe you made it camping....and boating!!! There is no way I would consider even going camping that far along. You're a tough girl or pregnant lady! Hope your little guy comes soon!

Mace, McKenzie and Stein said...

You're a trooper for camping while pregnant!

And They Lived Happily Ever After said...

Wow your either brave or very desperate to go into labor haha.

Shauna Spendlove said...

Ok where to start...? I loved all of your new posts! The one about Boston praying, the cute picture of all the girls, how cute you are pregnant, how brave you are pregnant...I just love you! I'm glad you had your baby!! I hope you start feeling good soon! I just love you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed